A procedurally generated pixel-art wallpaper!
You will get randomly generated worlds with water, forests, hills, roads and various other features on your background.
The 8-bit/pixel-artsy tileset is made by “surt” on Open Game Art (opengameart.org), released under CC0.
8Bit live wallpaper started as a game for the Procedural Death Jam, but because of time pressure it became a wallpaper instead.
Version 0.2 news!
* Adds “overlay” setting that dims the background a bit making it easier to read text on the screen and give a nice night mood.
* Adds setting to disable characters walking around.
* Adds setting to choose which biomes you want to see and not see.
* Adds a new character showing up on snow biomes.
* Fixes a bunch of settings not working as intended.
* Removes Android 2 support, sorry 🙁